2011 Vicksburg National Military Park Quarter 100-Coin Bag
The 2011 Vicksburg National Military Park Quarter 100-Coin Bag will contain 100 circulation quality strikes of the ninth coin to appear as part of the America the Beautiful Quarters™ Program.
Sold Out: TBD
Authorizing Coin Law
U.S. Mint Online Site
Each coin in the bag will feature a reverse design emblematic of Vicksburg National Military Park which was created to commemorate the Battle of Vicksburg and the greater Vicksburg Campaign of the American Civil War. Their outcome resulted in the Union forces being able to control the important shipping lanes of the Mississippi River.
Quarters included in the bag will either be struck at the US Mint’s facility in Philadelphia or the US Mint’s facility in Denver – buyer’s choice.
2011 America the Beautiful Quarters
A total of five America the Beautiful Quarters are to be released annually by the US Mint. The five scheduled for 2011 are:
- 2011 Gettysburg National Military Park Quarter representing Pennsylvania
- 2011 Glacier National Park Quarter representing Montana
- 2011 Olympic National Park Quarter representing Washington
- 2011 Vicksburg National Military Park Quarter representing Mississippi
- 2011 Chickasaw National Recreation Area Quarter representing Oklahoma
The US Mint typically releases strikes of the America the Beautiful Quarters in several different product options including these 100-coin bags as well as two-roll sets, proof sets, mint uncirculated sets, etc.
Each 100-coin bag is typically imprinted with "U.S. MINT QUARTERS $25.00". A label is sewn into the closing stitches of the bag showing the specific contents of Vicksburg National Military Park Quarters and the mint of origin – Denver or Philadelphia.
The Vicksburg 100-Coin Bags show a release date of August 29, 2011.
A price has not yet been announced by the US Mint for the 100-coin bags, but the US Mint has been selling the previous releases for $49.95.
U.S. Mint Production Facility
Each bag includes 100-circulation quality strikes from the US Mint facility in Denver or the US Mint facility in Philadelphia – buyer’s choice.
Designer & Sculptor / Engraver
The obverse (heads side) of all of the America the Beautiful Quarters contain a portrait of George Washington, the first President of the United States. It is based on the original work of John Flanagan.
The Civil War era gunboat USS Cairo is depicted on the reverse of the strike as designed by Thomas Cleveland and sculpted by Joseph Menna.
|Finish:||Circulation (Business Strike)|
|Standard Weight:||5.670 g|
|Standard Diameter:||0.955 in.
- 2011 Vicksburg National Military Park Quarter Two-Roll Set
- 2011 United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Proof Set™
- 2011 United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set™
- 2011 Vicksburg National Military Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Quarter