2017 Ellis Island National Monument (Statue of Liberty) 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
The 2017 Ellis Island National Monument (Statue of Liberty) 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin will be the fourth of five strikes in 2017 of the America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin® Program from the United States Mint.
Sold Out: TBD
Authorizing Coin Law
U.S. Mint Online Site
With the Statue of Liberty overlooking, Ellis Island served as a gateway to the United States for over 12 million immigrants beginning in 1892 and running for several decades. Today, Ellis Island (and its structures) remain as a reminder of the importance of the immigration station once located there.
Like the other America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins, the Ellis Island strike will be minted from five ounces of .999 fine silver to a diameter of three inches. The obverse and reverse designs will be identical to those found on the circulating Ellis Island America the Beautiful Quarter® issued at approximately the same time.
2017 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins
The US Mint will release a total of five America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins in 2017:
- 2017 Effigy Mounds National Monument 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Iowa
- 2017 Frederick Douglass National Historic Site 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Washington D.C.
- 2017 Ozark National Scenic Riverways 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Missouri
- 2017 Ellis Island National Monument (Statue of Liberty) 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing New Jersey
- 2017 George Rogers Clark National Historical Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Indiana
The five coins above mark the thirty-sixth through fortieth of the program which debuted in 2010 and will run through 2021.
The America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin Program will be in its eighth year with the release of its 2017 strikes.
A specific release date for the Ellis Island Coin has not yet been announced by the Mint.
A slight premium above the current spot price of the five ounces of silver contained within each America the Beautiful SIlver Bullion Coin will be added to the sale of each by the Mint’s network of authorized purchasers.
U.S. Mint Production Facility
The only facility to receive the special equipment required for striking the America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins is the US Mint’s facility in Philadelphia. However, mintmarks are not typically struck on bullion coins.
Designer & Sculptor
Designed by John Flanagan, the obverse (heads side) of each America the Beautiful Coin will feature a portrait of George Washington, the first President of the United States. That same design was first used on the circulating 1932 quarter dollar.
The reverse (tails side) of the strike will showcase a portion of the Ellis Island / Statue of Liberty area.
|Composition:||.999 fine silver|
|Standard Weight:||5 oz|
|Standard Diameter:||3.0 inch|
- 2017 Effigy Mounds 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2017 Frederick Douglass 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2017 Ozark 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2017 George Rogers Clark 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin