2018 Cumberland Island National Seashore 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
The fourth of five strikes to appear as part of the America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin® Program from the United States Mint in 2018 will be the 2018 Cumberland Island National Seashore 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin.
Sold Out: TBD
Authorizing Coin Law
U.S. Mint Online Site
Located in the state of Georgia, Cumberland Island National Seashore was established in 1972. It protects a portion of Georgia’s largest and southernmost barrier island where features such as maritime forests, marshes and undeveloped beaches all provide sanctuary to many creatures and enjoyment to many people who visit.
Each Cumberland Island Coin will be struck from five ounces of .999 fine silver to a diameter of three inches. The obverse and reverse designs of the coin will be identical to the designs found on the circulating America the Beautiful Quarters® Program.
2018 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins
Five America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins will be issued by the US Mint in 2018:
- 2018 Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Michigan
- 2018 Apostle Islands National Lakeshore 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Wisconsin
- 2018 Voyageurs National Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Minnesota
- 2018 Cumberland Island National Seashore 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Georgia
- 2018 Block Island National Wildlife Refuge 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Rhode Island
The five coins shown above mark the forty-first through forty-fifth of the program which will include a total of fifty-six when completed in 2021.
The America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin Program will be in its ninth year with the release of the 2018 strikes.
A release date for the Cumberland Island Coin has not yet been announced by the US Mint.
The US Mint does not sell its bullion products directly to the public, but instead uses a network of authorized purchasers. That network buys the coins in bulk and then resells them in smaller quantities to the public for a small premium above the current spot price of the precious metals they contain.
U.S. Mint Production Facility
Mintmarks are not typically present on bullion coins from the US Mint, however, the only facility capable of striking the America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins is the US Mint’s facility in Philadelphia.
Designer & Sculptor
Originally designed by John Flanagan for the 1932 circulating quarter dollar, the obverse (heads side) of each America the Beautiful Coin will feature a portrait of the first President of the United States, George Washington.
The reverse (tails side) of the Cumberland Island Coin will showcase a portion of the national seashore.
|Composition:||.999 fine silver|
|Standard Weight:||5 oz|
|Standard Diameter:||3.0 inch|
- 2018 Pictured Rocks 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2018 Apostle Islands 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2018 Voyageurs 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2018 Block Island 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin