2019 American Memorial Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
The 2019 American Memorial Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin will be the second of five America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin® Program releases of the United States Mint in 2019.
Sold Out: TBD
Authorizing Coin Law
U.S. Mint Online Site
The park, located on the island of Saipan in the Northern Mariana Islands, honors the sacrifices made by American and Marianas peoples during the Marianas campaign of World War II. Costing thousands of lives, the campaign resulted in the eventual capture of the islands from Japanese control. Today, the park is considered more of a living memorial and offers plenty of activities to those who take the time to visit.
America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins are all struck from five ounces of .999 fine silver to a diameter of three inches. This massive size makes the strikes the largest bullion products of the United States Mint.
2019 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins
A total of five America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins will be issued by the US Mint in 2019:
- 2019 Lowell National Historical Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Massachusetts
- 2019 American Memorial Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Northern Mariana Islands
- 2019 War in the Pacific National Historical Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Guam
- 2019 San Antonio Missions National Historical Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Texas
- 2019 Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Idaho
Once completed in 2021, the program will include a total of fifty-six new strikes, the five above of which mark the forty-sixth through fiftieth of the program.
Each America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin features identical obverse and reverse imagery as what will be found on the companion strike of the America the Beautiful Quarters® Program.
The US Mint has not announced a release date for the American Memorial Silver Bullion Coin.
The US Mint does not sell its bullion products directly to the public. Instead, the Mint’s network of authorized purchasers will sell the strikes to the public for a small premium above the current spot price of the precious metals contained within them.
U.S. Mint Production Facility
The only location to receive the special equipment required for striking the massive America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins is the US Mint’s facility in Philadelphia. However, mintmarks are not typically struck on bullion coins.
Designer & Sculptor
John Flanagan’s portrait of the first President of the United States, George Washington, is featured on the obverse (heads side) of all of the America the Beautiful Coins.
A portion of American Memorial Park will be showcased on the reverse (tails side) of the coin.
|Composition:||.999 fine silver|
|Standard Weight:||5 oz|
|Standard Diameter:||3.0 inch|
- 2019 Lowell 5 oz Silver Bullion Quarter
- 2019 War in the Pacific 5 oz Silver Bullion Quarter
- 2019 San Antonio Missions 5 oz Silver Bullion Quarter
- 2019 Frank Church River of No Return 5 oz Silver Bullion Quarter