2019 War in the Pacific National Historical Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
The third of five new strikes to appear in 2019 as part of the US Mint’s America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin® Program will be the 2019 War in the Pacific National Historical Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin.
Sold Out: TBD
Authorizing Coin Law
U.S. Mint Online Site
Located in Guam, the War in the Pacific National Historical Park takes a unique view when it comes to those it honors. Whereas most parks would honor those who participated in one side of a conflict and not the other, this park recognizes all who participated in the Pacific Theater of World War II including individuals from the United States of America, Japan, France, China, Canada, Australia, Soviet Union, Great Britain, New Zealand and the Netherlands.
These coins will feature the same basic obverse and reverse images that will also be found on the circulating America the Beautiful Quarters® Program. However, differentiating the strikes quite a bit is the fact that each silver bullion coin will be struck to the large diameter of three inches from five ounces of .999 fine silver.
2019 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins
The US Mint will release a total of five America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins in 2019:
- 2019 Lowell National Historical Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Massachusetts
- 2019 American Memorial Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Northern Mariana Islands
- 2019 War in the Pacific National Historical Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Guam
- 2019 San Antonio Missions National Historical Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Texas
- 2019 Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Idaho
Fifty-six new strikes will be created as part of the completed program, the five above of which mark the forty-sixth through fiftieth.
These 2019 America the Beautiful Program marks the tenth year for the series which began in 2010.
A release date for the War in the Pacific strike has not yet been announced by the US Mint.
The Mint’s network of authorized purchasers will add a small premium to the current spot price of the five ounces of silver contained within each America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin when they sell them.
U.S. Mint Production Facility
The US Mint’s facility in Philadelphia is the only location which received the special equipment required for striking the America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins. However, mintmarks are not typically present on bullion coins.
Designer & Sculptor
All of the America the Beautiful Coins contain a portrait of George Washington, the first President of the United States, on their obverse (heads side). It was originally designed by John Flanagan for the 1932 circulating quarter dollar.
The reverse (tails side) of the coin will show a portion of the War in the Pacific Park.
|Composition:||.999 fine silver|
|Standard Weight:||5 oz|
|Standard Diameter:||3.0 inch|
- 2019 Lowell 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2019 American Memorial 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2019 San Antonio Missions 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2019 Frank Church River of No Return 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin