2020 National Park of American Samoa 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
The 2020 National Park of American Samoa 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin will be the first of five strikes to appear in 2020 as part of the US Mint’s America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin® Program.
Sold Out: TBD
Authorizing Coin Law
U.S. Mint Online Site
As the name indicates, the park is located in the United States Territory of American Samoa. The park was established in 1988 to preserve the natural resources of the region including reefs, forests, and the many indigenous species. However, atypical for land in the National Park System, the federal government does not own it. This is because the Samoan people use a communal property system. However, the United States Government was able to obtain long-term leases for the park land.
Released in association with the America the Beautiful Quarters®, also issued by the Mint, these coins will feature identical obverse and reverse imagery as what will be found on the quarter dollars. However, the bullion coins will be struck from five ounces of .999 fine silver.
2020 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins
The America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins released in 2020 will be:
- 2020 National Park of American Samoa 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing American Samoa
- 2020 Weir Farm National Historic Site 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Connecticut
- 2020 Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing U.S. Virgin Islands
- 2020 Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Vermont
- 2020 Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Kansas
The five coins shown above mark the fifty-first through fifty-fifth of the program.
The America the Beautiful Program will be in its eleventh year with the release of the 2020 strikes.
A release date for the National Park of American Samoa Silver Bullion Coin has not yet been announced by the US Mint.
The Mint’s network of authorized purchases will add a small premium above the current spot price of the five ounces of silver contained within each America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin when the sell them.
U.S. Mint Production Facility
Mintmarks are not typically struck on bullion products of the US Mint leaving no indication of which location struck them. However, only the US Mint’s facility in Philadelphia received the special equipment required for striking the America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins.
Designer & Sculptor
George Washington, the first President of the United States, is featured on the obverse (heads side) of each America the Beautiful Coin. It is the same portrait that was first used on the circulating 1932 quarter dollar and was designed by John Flanagan.
A portion of the National Park of American Samoa will be featured on the reverse (tails side) of each coin.
|Composition:||.999 fine silver|
|Standard Weight:||5 oz|
|Standard Diameter:||3.0 inch|
- 2020 Weir Farm 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2020 Salt River Bay 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2020 Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2020 Tallgrass Prairie 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin