2020 Weir Farm National Historic Site 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
The 2020 Weir Farm National Historic Site 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin will mark the second America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin® Program strike to be issued by the US Mint in 2020.
Sold Out: TBD
Authorizing Coin Law
U.S. Mint Online Site
Found in Connecticut, the Weir Farm Site preserves the home and memory of American impressionist painter J. Alden Weir. He purchased the farm and created a retreat for himself as well as other artists who desired to separate themselves from the hustle and monotony of big city life.
Each Weir Silver Bullion Coin will be struck from five ounces of .999 fine silver. The authorizing legislation for the coins requires that each be a massive three inches in diameter. This makes them the largest bullion coins produced by the US Mint. As the strikes feature the same obverse and reverse imagery as will be found on the similar America the Beautiful Quarters®, the Mint will be striking the bullion coins with an edge inscription indicating its weight and fineness.
2020 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins
The five America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins scheduled to be released in 2020 are:
- 2020 National Park of American Samoa 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing American Samoa
- 2020 Weir Farm National Historic Site 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Connecticut
- 2020 Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing U.S. Virgin Islands
- 2020 Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Vermont
- 2020 Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin representing Kansas
Marking the fifty-first through fifty-fifth of the program, the coins shown above will be among the last issued under the original authorization of the program.
The 2020 strikes will mark the eleventh year for the America the Beautiful Program.
The US Mint has not announced a release date for the Weir Farm Coin.
A small premium will be added to the current spot price of the five ounces contained within each America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin when they are sold by the Mint’s network of authorized purchasers.
U.S. Mint Production Facility
While mintmarks are not typically struck on bullion coins from the US Mint, the only facility equipped to strike the massive America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins is the US Mint’s facility in Philadelphia.
Designer & Sculptor
John Flanagan’s portrait of George Washington, the first President of the United States, will be featured on the obverse (heads side) of all of the America the Beautiful Coins.
A portion of the Weir Farm Site will be featured on the reverse (tails side) of each coin.
|Composition:||.999 fine silver|
|Standard Weight:||5 oz|
|Standard Diameter:||3.0 inch|
- 2020 National Park of America Samoa 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2020 Salt River Bay 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2020 Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin
- 2020 Tallgrass Prairie 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin